DeSell and Co. specializing in helping Military families make their move with ease. No one understands the value of being home with your family more than a military service member. Being so close to Fort Bragg and Pope Airforce Base, DeSell and Co understands the importance of being close to the ones you love. Let us help you find a home in Moore County. Moore County is an ideal place to get away from the everyday military lifestyle, and at the same time is close to post with Fort Bragg, Pope Air Force Base and Camp Mackall only a short commute away. Moore County has some of the best schools in the area, a major advantage for families with children.
DeSell and Co offers a free relocation packet. Click here to receive more information!
Fast Facts about Moore County
- Just 35 minutes from Fort Bragg’s main post area;
- Located one hour south of Raleigh-Durham and the Research Triangle Park; approximately one hour west of Fayetteville;
- Population = 83,946;
- 11 incorporated towns: Southern Pines is the most populous community with 11,990 residents; second is Pinehurst with 11,316 residents;
- County seat is Carthage(population 2,211);
- Median Household Income (2000) = $41,240;
- Average Sales Prices for Residential Homes range from low $100,000’s to $300,000’s;
- 2013 Property Tax rate = $.465 per $100 valuation;
- Lowest crime rate in the region;
- Education: 22 public schools, 7 private schools, 2 charter schools; Sandhills Community College;
- Healthcare: Moore Regional Hospital- nationally recognized in clinical excellence & part of the First Health of the Carolinas healthcare system; Other major service providers include Pinehurst Surgicaland Pinehurst Medical Clinic; Tricare accepted by some local providers;
- Family-friendly amenities and supportive of the military and their families.
Welcome to Moore County
Located in Central North Carolina, Moore County enjoys a temperate climate and is convenient to the mountains, the coast and just about everywhere!
Click here for Military Housing Options www.pcs-lodging.com/
There are 11 incorporated municipalities.
each with a unique setting.